Field Service Technician (Electronics) – Poway, CA
TEK84 is a leading supplier of high-technology security products for screening and surveillance. For over 20 years, we have pioneered the use of ultra-low-dose x-ray imaging and developed products that have been brought to market by some of the biggest players in the Homeland Security space. Our technologies rapidly and safely screen for weapons, explosives, drugs, and other contraband. A new product launch has propelled continued growth at our company.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician (Electronics) to join our rapidly expanding technical service team!
- Test, verify and repair analog and digital circuits for computerized system control and data acquisition equipment used in x-ray imaging.
- Configure and test Windows-based computer control systems.
- Assist with debugging production equipment (onsite and/or remote).
- Travel frequently to client locations to provide needed ongoing service and customer support.
- Design and fabricate test fixtures and processes.
- Provide phone support for field service engineers.
- Maintain test procedures and records.
- Other duties as assigned while in the field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role required, preferably with x-ray equipment and technology.
- Familiarity with schematics and electronic test equipment, including oscilloscopes and multi-meters to diagnose and repair circuits, needed.
- Experience using standard hand tools including power tools and taps needed.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of time, primarily within the United States.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required.
- Outstanding customer-service skills needed.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. required.
This is a full-time, onsite (or remote-based) position. Only direct applicants will be accepted (no agencies).
Tek84 offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time off.
Tek84 is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. We are an eVerify employer.
Visit our website www.Tek84.com to learn more about our products and our company.